- The Cat. 6A / Class EA system allows for a 10 Gigabit/s transmission speed, guarantees the transmission of all standardized protocols including 10GBASE-T and ensures a bandwidth of 500 MHz.
- This system is disadvantaged from a long-term perspective as only components from a certain manufacturer are suitable for this solution.
- From 2006 to 2010, Cat. 6A / Class EA systems played a major role, as they were the only way to implement cabling with performance of 10 Gigabit/s.
- This solution has been surpassed by the advantages of Cat. 6A interoperable components. The Cat. 6A / Class EA systems meets the expectations and needs of users with the highest demands on the quantity of transferred data.
The Cat. 6A / Class EA system is a group of products, creating a channel that complies with channel level requirements of Category 6A and Class EA performance defined in the U.S. standard TIA-568.2-D:2018 and international standard ISO/IEC 11801-1:2017 (Ed. 1.0) on the channel level. The certificate confirming compliance with the standards lists the tested topology and all the components. Certification on the permanent link level for Cat. 6A / Class EA system is not sufficient and is for informational purposes only.
Cat. 6A / Class EA system cabling ensures:
- Immunity to electromagnetic interference and Alien Crosstalk.
- Performance category Cat. 6A and Class EA for channel topology mentioned in the certificate only (one of the following: 2 -, 3 - or 4 - connector channel).
- Performance category Cat. 6A and Class EA for channel with components mentioned in the certificate.
- KELine® Cat. 6A / Class EA system is certified for 2-connector channel by 3P international independent laboratory according to IEEE P802.3an Class EA ISO/IEC 11801-1:2017 (Ed. 1.0), ISO/IEC 11801-2:2017 (Ed. 1.0), EN 50173-1:2011, Category 6A ANSI/TIA-568-C.2: 2009.
- Note: Installation cables and patch cables used in the KELine® Cat. 6A / Class EA system are also Cat. 6A interoperable components certified on a component level.
- A 25-year warranty is applied on all installations performed by certified “KELine® installer” and “KELine® planner” after an audit of test data.